Wednesday 17 April 2019

Exploring the Topic of Death






Frightened of dying alone, or fearing death in general? 

I'm not looking forward to what happens to me during the dying experience, nor the state my body might be in when arriving at that final hour. I suspect I'm not alone here.

Many of these fears around death and dying play out in the present. The old adage certainly applies, run from death and it will steal your every moment. I'm guessing there aren't many places that this conversation would be available, other than perhaps among close friends. They may all share the same or different fears about death.  

The Marigold Retirement Plan is designed to deal with just this sort of dilemma. With this in mind the Marigold Retirement Plan provides an opportunity to meet up with like minded people all wanting to go beyond their fears, of dying and other fears too. Here you can explore what it means to re-frame your relationship with death. 

If you don't actually fear dying, then there are other topics, like who are you at this time in your life? A chance to redefine your essential self and move forward as a more genuine and real being in everything you do.

To find out more about our plan to adventure to Jaipur India in July this year go to: www.marigoldretirement.com. This is a journey for a very brave group of people to come together to explore this “dying” question, and many other essential topics.

How we perceive limits around any topic let alone death, is likely to challenge most of us. I don't much enjoy my limitations, though I'm pretty connected to them, unless I take on the notion that when one arrives, the best thing I can do is contradict the fear that lurks behind it. By “contradict”,  what I mean is doing the opposite to the fear. Feel the fear and do it anyway, as they say.

We need to take a deep breath, trust in the outcome, which might be nothing like the fear, and just be open to the ride. Generally, it turns out to be nothing like what you expected. 

More times than not when I try this technique, the imagined fear pales into insignificance. Compare this to the broader, more exciting and inspiring view I get. Now I trust my fears to guide me when something unknown occurs, maybe like a car accident or something. I've learned not to trust the fears which hold me back in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment